Increasingly, entrance control solutions are required to add value by integrating seamlessly with other security and building management systems.
Terms such as integration, interoperability and compatibility are driving product development, systems integration and the relationships between manufacturers, integrators and end users. Entrance control solutions are no longer separate from other security and non-security systems, and crucially have the capability to integrate with video, time-and-attendance, identity management and other data sources.
A benefit of this interconnectivity is that entrance control systems can provide and share information that enables stronger and more effective access control, including evaluation and performance of security procedures.
Fastlane products benefit from the capability to be integrated with all known security and building management systems, including:
- Time, attendance and staff volume monitoring
- Heating, ventilation and air conditioning
- Lift destination systems
- Lighting and other population dependent services
- Enhancement of fire control, intruder and CCTV systems
“What makes IDL different when it comes to product integration is our technical team’s ability to adapt our turnstiles to seamlessly accommodate other third-party products,” comments Tony Smith, Major Accounts and Marketing Manager at Integrated Design Limited. “You won’t see proximity card readers or other access control hardware bolted on to our products. Instead, our team works closely with our partners to incorporate their equipment and hardware into the design of our units, so that they look like an integral part of a complete system. This greatly improves the look of the units and aids user acceptance.”
Some of our recent product integrations include:
- Glassgate 400 with integrated MorphoWave™ Compact, the latest addition to the biometric access control range by IDEMIA, allowing authorised users to gain access with a simple wave of the hand
- Glassgate 200 with an integrated Garrett weapons detection arch, acting as both a visual deterrent and a physical barrier to intruders carrying weapons
- Glassgate 300 integrated with FaceSentinel – Aurora’s leading ‘Deep Learning’ AI facial recognition system – and an Access IS passport reader, facilitating legitimate movement across borders quickly and effectively
Additionally, our Door Detective Plus product integrates seamlessly with both access control systems and building management systems, extending monitoring capabilities throughout building facilities. It does this by monitoring the throughput of access-controlled doorways and corridors, and acts as the data focus to enhance security and non-security systems. Door Detective Plus is Ethernet-compatible, which means that the unit can be controlled and monitored over a network to further speed installation and compatibility with modern access control and building management systems.
Fastlane Turnstiles and Door Detective are able to be controlled and monitored over an ethernet connection to a conventional Lan or Wan with the required login and password, so integration couldn’t be easier.
For more information about how the Fastlane range of turnstiles or Door Detective anti-tailgating products can add value to your security solutions, get in touch with our team today on +44 (0)208 890 5550 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
In other news: